Access to proper nutrition and health care are crucial for all. The lack of adequate income and the high cost of living make it difficult and sometimes impossible for low-income individuals and families to access healthcare or purchase the nutritious food they need.
Many local community action agencies help families and individuals with limited resources by providing food relief and help applying for SNAP benefits as well as by promoting nutrition awareness, developing community support for hunger programs, and offering assistance applying for Mass Health.
Food, nutrition and health services offered at your local Community Action Agencies:
- Congregate Feeding
- Food Banks And Pantries
- Meals on Wheels
- Health Clinic
- Prescription Assistance
Agencies Offering Food, Nutrition & Health Programs
- Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
- Action, Inc.
- Berkshire Community Action Council, Inc.
- Cambridge Economic Opportunity Committee, Inc.
- Citizens for Citizens, Inc.
- Community Action Agency of Somerville, Inc.
- Community Action Committee of Cape Cod & Islands
- Community Action of the Franklin, Hampshire, and North Quabbin Regions
- Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc.
- Community Action, Inc.
- Greater Lawrence Community Action Council, Inc.
- Lynn Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- Montachusett Opportunity Council, Inc.
- People Acting in Community Endeavors, Inc.
- Quincy Community Action Programs, Inc.
- Self-Help, Inc.
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council, Inc.
- South Shore Community Action Council, Inc.
- Valley Opportunity Council, Inc.
- Worcester Community Action Council, Inc.